Vaccination update: SCS teams have now administered 4,271,027 doses of Covid vaccines
The Ministry of Health has updated the vaccination data for the Canary Islands, which reports that the SCS has now administered 4,271,027 doses of vaccines against Covid-19 in the archipelago up until yesterday. There are now 1,831,287 people who have received at least one dose, which represents 87.30% of the target population in which children between 5 and 11 years old have been included.
In addition, 1,741,183 people have been fully vaccinated, which represents 83.01% of the target population of the Archipelago, and 69,294 boys and girls aged 5 to 11 years have had their first dose (50.61%) and 20,155 their second as well (14.72%).
At present, between 99.5 and 100% of the target population in Groups 1 to 7 (residents and healthcare and socio-healthcare staff in nursing homes; healthcare staff; large dependents and main caregivers; vulnerable people; groups with essential functions such as teachers and police officers and people with very high-risk conditions) and Group 9 (people aged between 50 and 59 years old) are vaccinated with two doses
In the rest of the age groups, the situation is as follows:
– Group 8: People between 60 and 65 years old: 84.51% with at least one dose and 70.37% are fully vaccinated.
– Group 10: People between 40 and 49 years old: 61.75% with at least one dose and 89.93% are fully vaccinated (including those immunized with the Janssen single-dose vaccine).
– Group 11: People between 30 and 39 years old: 68.39% with at least one dose and 65.85% are fully vaccinated.
– Group 12: People between 20 and 29 years old: 65.17% with one dose and 60.78% are fully vaccinated.
– Group 13: People between 12 and 19 years old: 83% with one dose and 80.83% are fully vaccinated.
– Group 14: People between 5 and 11 years old: 50.61% with one dose and 14.72% are fully vaccinated.
828,820 people have now had their booster jab, which are for anyone over 18 years old, and are administered five months after having been vaccinated with two doses of Pfizer or Moderna, and three months if it was with Janssen or AstraZeneca.
The Ministry of Health reminds people about the importance of being fully vaccinated and encourages everyone to also have their booster dose to reinforce protection against Covid-19 and reduce the chances of serious illness and hospitalisation.
Other articles that may interest you...