14,669 children under 11 already have an appointment for the Covid vaccine
The Ministry of Health processed 14,669 appointments vaccination against COVID-19 for children aged between 5 and 11 years old yesterday (Wednesday) in the Canary Islands, the first day that it was possible to book one. This figure represents more than 10% of the registered population of that age range in the archipelago.
Yesterday morning, all the islands started vaccinating children of this age, who must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for their inoculation.
Vaccination of children is being carried out both in health centres and at mass vaccination points and in public hospitals in Gran Canaria and Tenerife by appointment, and in addition, mass vaccination points will have specific daily dose quotas for vaccination without an appointment.
You can make an appointment for your son or daughter by calling 012 or the numbers 922 470 012 (TF) or 928 301 012 (GC, LZ, FV). You can also make an appointment through the mobile app and on the SCS website.
Drop-in vaccination points:
- Recinto Ferial: Monday to Sunday from 5pm to 7pm (60 doses).
- Magma: Monday to Sunday from 5pm to 7pm (60 doses).
- Hospital Universitario de Canarias: Monday to Friday from 12pm to 2pm (60 doses).
- Infecar: Monday to Sunday from 2.45pm to 6.30pm (100 doses per day).
- Expomeloneras: Monday to Sunday from 2.45pm to 6.30pm (100 doses).
- Hospital Dr. Negrín (Floor 3): Monday to Friday from 11am to 14pm (50 doses).
- Valterra Health Centre: Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th from 10am to 12pm and from 3pm to 7pm (60 doses in each shift).
- Centro de la Tercera Edad of Morro Jable: Thursdays from 2:30pm to 7:30pm, and on Saturday December 18th from 9am to 2pm (300 doses).
- Gran Tarajal Health Center: Monday and Wednesday from 1:30pm to 7:45pm, and on Saturday December 18th from 9am to 2pm and from 3pm to 7pm (450 doses).
- Palacio de Congresos de Puerto del Rosario: Monday to Friday from 5:30pm to 7pm, and on Saturday December 18th and Sunday 19th from 9am to 2pm (300 doses).
- Corralejo Health Centre: Monday and Thursday from 2pm to 7pm.