Vaccination Update: The Government insists that boosters are a necessity for everyone
There are now 1,836,617 people who have received at least one dose of a Covid vaccine in the Canary Islands, which represents 87.55% of the target population, and 84.43% are fully vaccinated. In total, 857,599 booster doses have been administered, and 71,881 (52.5%) children aged 5 to 11 years old are vaccinated with the first dose and 46,874 with both (34.24%).
The Ministry of Health for the Canary Islands reports that the SCS vaccination teams have now administered 4,337,755 doses of vaccines against Covid-19 up until yesterday.
At present, in Groups 1 to 7 (residents and healthcare and socio-healthcare staff in nursing homes; healthcare staff; large dependents and main caregivers; vulnerable people; groups with essential functions such as teachers and police officers and people with very high-risk conditions) between 99.5 and 100% of people have been fully vaccinated.
In the rest of the age groups, the situation is as follows:
– Group 8: People between 60 and 65 years old: 84.53% with at least one dose and 70.43% with both.
– Group 9: People between 50 and 59 years old: 100% with at least one dose and 99.5% with both.
– Group 10: People between 40 and 49 years old: 61.80% with at least one dose and 90.16% with both (including those immunized with the Janssen single-dose vaccine).
– Group 11: People between 30 and 39 years old: 68.51% with at least one dose and 66.09% with both.
– Group 12: People between 20 and 29 years old: 65.41% with one dose and 61.08% with both.
- Group 13: People between 12 and 19 years old: 83.19% with one dose and 81.13% with both.
– Group 14: People between 5 and 11 years old: 52.50% with one dose and 34.24% with both.
Of the total number of doses administered, 857,599 are booster doses which are available for everyone over 18 years of age and are administered five months after having been vaccinated with the second dose, if the inoculation was made with Pfizer or Moderna, and three months if it was with Janssen or AstraZeneca.
The Ministry of Health insists on the importance of being fully vaccinated and getting the booster dose to reinforce protection against Covid-19, and it is becoming more essential for people who want to travel.
Other articles that may interest you...