VACCINATION UPDATE: More than 870,000 people have now had their booster dose
The Ministry of Health has reported today that the SCS vaccination teams have administered 4,361,239 doses of vaccines against Covid-19 up until yesterday in the Canary Islands. There are now 1,842,507 people in the archipelago who have received at least one dose, which represents 87.84% of the target population, in which children between 5 and 11 years of age have been included.
In addition, up until yesterday, 1,785,244 people have been fully vaccinated which represents 85.11% of the target population in the islands. Also, 72,353 children between the ages of 5 and 11 have already received their first dose (52.85%), and the SCS vaccination teams have administered 49,209 second doses to this age group, which is 35.94% of the target.
At present, vaccination Groups 1 to 7 (staff and residents in nursing homes; healthcare staff; large dependents and caregivers; vulnerable people; groups with essential functions such as teachers and police officers, and people with very high-risk conditions), and Group 9 (people aged between 50 and 59 years old) already have between 99.5 and 100% vaccinated with two doses.
In the rest of the age groups, the situation is as follows:
– Group 8: People aged between 60 and 65 years old: 84.53% with at least one dose and 70.44% with both.
– Group 10: People aged between 40 and 49 years old: 61.81% with at least one dose and 90.20% fully vaccinated (including those immunized with the Janssen single-dose vaccine).
– Group 11: People aged between 30 and 39 years old: 68.53% with at least one dose and 66.15% with complete both.
– Group 12: People aged between 20 and 29 years old: 65.46% with one dose and 61.12% with both.
– Group 13: People aged between 12 and 19 years old: 83.21% with one dose and 81.17% with both.
– Group 14: People aged between 5 and 11 years old: 52.85% with one dose and 35.94% with both.
The Ministry has also confirmed that 870,040 people in the Canary Islands have now had their Covid booster dose. The booster doses are available for everyone over 18 years of age and are administered five months after having the second dose if the inoculation was made with Pfizer or Moderna, and three months if it was with Janssen or AstraZeneca.
Other articles that may interest you...